Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cycling Newtown to Port Botany

Yesterday in Sydney the weather was perfect for cycling. I left a bit late about 11 am which meant that there were more pedestrians on the cycleway. I stopped along the way to watch planes land at Sydney Airport from Kyeemagh.

I was surprised to see so many fisherman out, I would be afraid to eat anything out of these waters. It looks clean but there are many factories up stream and the airport.

Some parts of the cycle path are very narrow especially past Brighton towards Dolls Point but I accept at this time of day to go slow. And I wasn't particularly worried about speed, I never am, just want to do the distance and enjoy it. Probably about 34km. I'll take photos next time.

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...