Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bread making

This is something that I've harboured fantasies about for a long time, the smell of fresh bread in the morning etc.

I got inspired last Friday, I just had ordinary plain flour and yeast and it worked quite well. I followed another Jamie Oliver recipe which I halved as Iwas a bit sceptical and didn't want to waste 1kg of flour. The texture was perfect, colour a bit pale. I was so happy to see in the last proofing that the dough puffed up really well.

Taste, Brett didn't notice anything odd when I toasted some to go with his poached eggs the following morning.

All I need is a cow or goat, big vegetable garden and solor panels to generate my own electricity then I'll be happy.

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...