Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tomatoes

After all the fuss and failures of previous years I've just bunged them into large pots(deep to the first leaves) and they've grown beautifully.

Basically do nothing special but find the biggest pot possible and provide lots of light. I fertilise with Charlie Carp and worm wee each week. They seem a bit slow in ripening, that still bugs me. I'll put some extra potash on next weekend. They've been a bit crowded in by other tomatoes so will spread them out so light can get to the fruit.

My first tomato vine had tomato spot which is a virus, the plant should have been destroyed. I'll get rid of it next weekend. I have three seedlings and another in a small pot, flowers are dropping so stressed. These will be all potted on next weekend. We've been so poor lately due to vet bills.

We are having an excellant season, not so many bugs around, every thing looks healthier.

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...