Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My New Bike: 20 October 2006

I've been looking for a while for a new bike. My old bike was too heavy, almost 20 kg. It had plenty of life remaining but was not suitable for the longer rides I want to do, such as Adelaide to Melbourne early next year. I don't believe you have to spend a lot of money and $1,500 was my absolute limit. Better brakes, shocks, handlebars and rims tend to filter down eventually into the lower price brackets and I'm not interested in the latest stuff.

My new bike took me unexpectedly; I just started my search after someone suggested buying a secondhand bike. Within two days I found my bike. I very much like my Avanti road bike and was lucky to find a reasonably priced Avanti Hammer in my size.

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...