Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hop Hog

We tried Feral Brewing Co's Hop Hog. Not for the weak hearted, when I think American style I tend to expect cheese in a can, bad coffee and deep fired chicken. This American styled IPA is a beer with aggressive bitterness and more then a hint of citrus and pine resin, velvety mouth feel and gentle floral notes. A very well crafted American style IPA.

My partner was troubled by the bitterness so it is unlikely that I will buy this beer again as a 6 pack.  I buy 10 bottles from Dan Murphies, my favourites and new brews, either European or local craft beer and I will include Hop Hog in a future tasters collection.


No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...