Monday, December 23, 2013

Another good day fishing at Swallow Rock

The Stripped Seapike caused some concern as I pulled it up onto my kayak. It can bite and has the most convincing set of teeth. My net was missing however found something to hold it down, those teeth are quite scary. A good flathead again and this one eaten fresh that night.


The flathead was skinned and filleted but left the pike entire.  The fillets were fried in butter using a simple Rick Stein recipe of sage, garlic and butter.

The killing process is still a bit ugly as I'm just working out how to hit the brain, it's also bloody.  The pike was an unusual catch and not valued for eating but I found it to be very sweet and fine textured. That light texture makes cooking more difficult as the flesh breaks apart easily.

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...