Saturday, October 26, 2013

My new kayak

This is my new Moken 10 Lite, my partner is paddling at Swallow Rock, Grays Point, its maiden voyage. Quite physical to control but I can get it up to speed. Mainly for fishing and adventures on Port Hacking and the Georges River, it should serve me well. He has a Hoby, the fat man's kayak, one who earns too much money, loves gadgets and gets cranky when they get wet. 

Most Hoby owners get soaked, the huge gap created to house the foot paddle system just leaks gallons of water into the cockpit area. For a $2200 plus kayak its finish is rough and comes with a seat that looks about $30. 

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...