Sunday, October 10, 2010

Floriade 2010, Canberra

I went to Canberra on Friday (1 October) and as I'm saving to go overseas decided to just go down for the day. Couldn't really afford to stay overnight. I also visited the National Gallery with its new entrance and  fabulous new gallery of Indigenous art.

Floriade seems to have got smaller but was still very bright and colourful.  I took many photographs and hoped to do some drawing but just didn't seem to get this going. Too many people walking around meant that I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing and should be able to do some drawings from the photographs taken.

Riding a bike to Sydney Airport,  I never did find the bike rake which was meant to be in Fifth Avenue and bike access is very scary.


No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...