Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kennedia

My Kennedia rubicunda is currently in flower and growing in a hanging pot, it would prefer a trellis or pergola with more space to spread out. Another native from the South East coast of Australia and a member of the Fabaceae family.

Kennedia is a vigorous twining climber so it needs something to hang on to, also drought tolerant and easy to propagate from soft wood cuttings and seed.

I’ve not found any helpful cultivation notes as it is not very well known by Australian gardeners. Some leaves have been skeletonised in small sections but no culprit found. I'm not too worried it grows so well that these leaves are quickly replaced.

No comments:

My messy workbench

It's huge, my plan was to make a sensible sized Nicholson style bench but didn't want to shorten the panels I used for the top, s...